Axel's First Halloween

Halloween 2014
My mom brought Axel this cute Halloween stuff when she came to visit us
Even though we kept our Halloween pretty low key this year, we still had a lot of fun.

Halloween 2014 

We decorated the house with the Zero ghost dog and Oogie Boogie Man I made last year.

Halloween 2014

One new addition was a teal pumpkin sign that Chris painted. Have you heard of the Teal Pumpkin Project? Displaying a teal pumpkin is a way to show that you have non-food treats available for kids with allergies or special diets. We handed out little tubs of Play-doh and toy whistles along with candy and it was a huge hit with the trick-or-treaters who came to our door.

Halloween 2014
Our little pumpkin
Originally, I wasn't sure if I'd have to work my costume around a pregnant belly, so there was no grand plan for this year. A jack-o-lantern costume came with some second hand clothes we got recently from kijiji, so even though it was meant for a baby twice his size, Axel dressed up as a little pumpkin. Chris and I raided our tickle trunks and he decided to pair most of the Ludo costume with his wedding jacket for a fairy tale beast while I wore a cloak and painted my face.

Halloween 2014

We weren't planning on going out, since we didn't want to take Axel to a bar or big event, but a friend convinced us to go to a house party nearby and I'm really glad we did. We ran into some people we knew, had a good time and Axel slept through the whole thing.

Halloween 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash's Guardians of the Galaxy Birthday Party

More Pop Bottle Inspiration